TAORMINA & MT.ETNA
AVAILABLE: 1st May till 30th September : (Monday-Wednesday-Friday-Sunday)
DEP. MLA 06:30 ARR. POZ 08:15
DEP. POZ 21:30 ARR. MLA 23:15
TAORMINA Sicily’s prime tourist resort was discovered by the British aristocracy in the mid 1800s. Facing Etna and the blue Mediterranean, this peaceful panoramic resort, 206m above sea level was colonized by the Greeks who built a theatre in the Hellenic period – 4B.C. The present Teatro Greco, altered by the Romans, is the venue for classical plays every summer. The main street, the elegant Corso Umberto, with its cafés, restaurants and boutiques is a bustle of nationalities.
MOUNT ETNA The largest and most active
volcano in Europe. The climb to the crater takes
us through picturesque villages and an ever
changing landscape. The lower slopes of the
volcano are extremely fertile with groves of
oranges, lemons and other Mediterranean flora
and of course vines which produce Sicily’s best
wines. We go through forests of chestnut trees
which gradually give way to oak, beech, birch
Highlights and inclusions- Arrival at POZZALLO a typical Sicilian fishing village, gradually regaining its role as the main port of the province of Ragusa.
- Departure for Taormina in air-conditioned coaches, accompanied by guides.
On the way we pass by ISPICA, a baroque town rebuilt after the 1693 earthquake. ROSOLINI, a typical rural town dated back to Roman times, surrounded by orange and lemon groves. SIRACUSA, the home town of Archimedes and home to the world famous archaeological zone and the University City of CATANIA, a thriving commercial centre.
- TAORMINA: Free time in Taormina to enjoy the unique panoramic view overlooking Giardini Naxos, a former Greek colony, now an international yachting centre. Time for lunch (not included in the price).
- On the way to Mt. Etna we stop to sample some typical Sicilian delicacies, including wines / almond sweets and honey; these Sicilian specialities are for sale (no obligation to buy).
- MOUNT ETNA: From the SYLVESTRI CRATER at 2000 metres, we have a panoramic view of this vast base of ETNA and the effects of the most recent eruptions. Souvenir shopping.
- Departure by High Speed Catamaran at 21.30hrs for Malta.
Local transport in Malta (Hotel/Harbour/Hotel) €11 Extra VAT included.
Children under 4 years FREE of Charge to pay local transport Only.
Children 4 years till under 14 years €96.
Family plan: When 2 Adults are travelling togather, the first 2 children (4 years till under 14 years) travel FREE except for the charges (€21) Fuel Surcharge (when applicable) and local trans[port (if required).
The company reserves the right to introduve a fuel surcharge from time to time without prior notice.
The itinerary of this excursion may be altered subject to weather conditions. - Conditions of contract apply These conditions may be viewed at sunscopetravel.com/carriage-conditions
- Family plan: When two adults are travelling together, the first two children (4 years till under 14 years) travel FREE except for the charges, fuel surcharge (when applicable) and local transport (if required). The company reserves the right to introduce a fuel surcharge from time to time without prior notice. The itinerary of this excursion may be altered subject to weather conditions.
|Pick up place